Strengthen the Church Offering
How can you give?
- A special offering will be taken during worship on Sunday June 27th, 2021
- You can also give online by clicking the green “Give Online” button.
- You can also mail in your donation to:
First Congregational UCC
2201 7th Avenue
Moline, IL 61265
- Special One Strengthen the Church offering envelopes will be available on Sunday June 27th, 2021.
Strengthen the Church offering supports congregations across the UCC in many ways
by Connie Larkman | published on May 10, 2021
There are many ways to strengthen the church.
In the last year, investments in technology allowed many United Church of Christ congregations to enhance their online worship services.
Other funds enabled new and renewing churches to grow their communities, one in a gentrifying neighborhood, others on a college campus and a town square.
COVID-19 grants empowered 50 churches to better serve their neighbors and their congregants gathering virtually during the pandemic.
All of these ministries were supported through gifts to Strengthen the Church.
What is Strengthen the Church Offering?
In addition to Our Church’s Wider Mission (Basic Support), the United Church of Christ has 4 Special Mission Offerings (SMOs). These offerings exist to allow congregations and individuals to meet people at points of critical need in their lives. Though many options exist for direct, individual support of these needs, the SMOs allow a common witness and make a collective positive impact. Our church has identified four areas where these critical human needs exist:
- One Great Hour of Sharing—in places lacking health and educational resources and/or where disaster has struck;
- Neighbors in Need—within systems of injustice which oppress daily life and opportunity;
- Strengthen the Church—in the nurture of youth and congregations just beginning their lives of faith;
- The Christmas Fund—in the lives of church leaders without sufficient resources to live with dignity;
We believe these SMOs collectively serve to lift people closer to the abundance and wholeness to which Jesus Christ has called us to work together to bring about. Join the other 1,000 churches that have made the decision to become 5 for 5 congregations, supporting OCWM and all four of the Special Mission Offerings.