Strengthen the Church Special UCC Offering
How can you give?
- A special offering will be taken during worship on Sunday June 5th, 2022
- You can also give online by clicking the green “Give Online” button.
- You can also mail in your donation to:
First Congregational UCC
2201 7th Avenue
Moline, IL 61265
- Special One Strengthen the Church offering envelopes will be available on Sunday June 5th, 2022.
What is Strengthen the Church Offering?
The Strengthen the Church (STC) Offering reflects the shared commitment of people across the United Church of Christ to cooperatively build up the UCC. Conferences and
the national setting equally share the gifts given by members and friends through their local congregations. The funds raised support leadership development, new churches, youth ministry, and innovation in existing congregations. By your generosity to this offering, you build up the Body of Christ.
In addition to Our Church’s Wider Mission (Basic Support), the United Church of Christ has 4 Special Mission Offerings (SMOs). These offerings exist to allow congregations and individuals to meet people at points of critical need in their lives. Though many options exist for direct, individual support of these needs, the SMOs allow a common witness and make a collective positive impact. Our church has identified four areas where these critical human needs exist:
- One Great Hour of Sharing—in places lacking health and educational resources and/or where disaster has struck;
- Neighbors in Need—within systems of injustice which oppress daily life and opportunity;
- Strengthen the Church—in the nurture of youth and congregations just beginning their lives of faith;
- The Christmas Fund—in the lives of church leaders without sufficient resources to live with dignity;
We believe these SMOs collectively serve to lift people closer to the abundance and wholeness to which Jesus Christ has called us to work together to bring about. Join the other 1,000 churches that have made the decision to become 5 for 5 congregations, supporting OCWM and all four of the Special Mission Offerings.