CHurch office Manager
Effective Date: May 2021
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Directly Supervises: None
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
- Managing Office Functions: Includes ordering supplies and contracting services, maintaining procedures and policies, overseeing all calendars and scheduling, and coordinating equipment maintenance.
- Manage Building and Grounds: Includes coordinating building maintenance, improvement, inspection, and bid processes; managing building events with inside and outside groups, collecting fees as needed; managing custodial checklists to insure regular and special cleaning; maintaining control of the parking lot users and permits; and reporting to Building and Finance Board.
- Manage Financial Processes: Includes coordinating and managing weekly and special initiative counting and tracking; managing contribution processes and reporting (ongoing, quarterly, annually) managing accounts payable; administering financial policies and procedures; overseeing payroll; and coordinating reporting to boards and committees with the Financial Manager.
- Manage Membership Database: Includes updating membership database profiles, creating and maintaining communication groups, and developing and supporting congregational use of Elexio Membership Database.
- Personnel Administrator: Includes filing and maintaining employee records, setting up payroll and any changes, tracking days off and vacations, and reporting to the Personnel Committee.
- Supporting Building and Finance Board and attending meetings.
- Strict confidentiality with financial and personnel information.
- Advanced competency in variety of computer programs (eg. Elexio, MSOffice Suite, Google Apps, Facebook, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to present a friendly and professional face and voice of
First Congregational UCC.
- Ability to use computers, answer phones, and organize office supplies.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Mission Ownership: Demonstrates understanding and full support of church mission and development. Supports pastoral initiatives and leadership vision.
- Teamwork – Works cooperatively with pastor, program staff, support staff, boards, and congregation toward accomplishing shared goals. Actively and creatively contributes strengths toward project goals. Supports teamwork in actions and communications. Inspires others through a positive ‘can-do’ attitude. Encourages others to sustain interest and involvement to successfully complete projects and goals.
- Congregational Support: Supports life and activities of congregation. Provides information necessary for making decisions and supports decisions in a timely manner.
- Communication Skills: Fosters direct, accurate, and clear communication with pastor, program staff, support staff, boards, and congregation regarding issues of concern and cooperation. Initiates communication necessary to inform pastor, program staff, support staff, boards, and congregation regarding office operations and congregational life. Responds to communications in a complete and timely manner.
- Time Management: Manages time so as to coordinate with the needs of church. Maintains regular work schedule.
- Active Engagement: Actively engages in job duties, initiating communication and providing information as needed by pastor, program staff, support staff, boards, and congregation. Solves problems with creativity and sees projects through to completion.
- Innovation: Seeks to innovate and improve office functioning and communication and marketing tools and strategies. Looks for ways to save money and time or to improve quality of work. Responds creatively to new demands as they arise and seeks to improve customary procedures.
- Adaptability and Flexibility: Adjusts to ongoing changes. Flexes to meet needs of pastor, program staff, support staff, boards, and congregation and willingly implements innovations.
- Professionalism: Maintains professional demeanor with congregation at all times. Maintains clear boundaries between staff and congregation. Communicates positive outlook to the congregation regarding the workplace.
To apply for employment, please complete the following 3 steps. Job is open until filled.
- Review the Job Description (pdf)
- Complete Application for Employment form
- E-mail the following documents to email@example.com.